Sunday, July 4, 2010

Impatiently Waiting

It’s been a year his month that I have been impatiently waiting to return to my life.The most difficult part is sitting and watching life go by. Yes, I have made some improvements and I am taking an anti viral drug along with weekly IV treatments. I loved running, working, and I lived my life in constant motion, and I loved it. Everything that reflects me as a person has been stripped away.I really struggle at times to hold on to hope.

This should have never happened to me because I did everything I could to stay physically fit and healthy, but it did matter.
I replay all the events the lead up to my medical mishap. Looking back, I should have done my own research before I ever accepted the MS diagnosis.

How do you live after your life is gone? It’s been a very tough year.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's easy for people on the outside of your situation to say, "Oh, you'll get better; be patient." But I can see that your patience is wearing out. I wish there were something that could be said to help you feel hope. Have you tried volunteering for others who have less than you? Sometimes it makes us feel lucky for what we DO have. Just a thought...

Anonymous said...

Look at the big picturer Celeste...
This year is better than last. I am sure you realize that..
All will be what it was again in the future...Just be" Brave ". Move forward one step at a time...
Good's speede for a full recovery...

Anonymous said...

Celeste, I really feel your sadness and I feel so sad for you. You have lost your life as you knew it, and that would make anyone grieve and lose hope. I have compassion for what you are going through. I hope that in time you'll be able to replace what you've lost with new things that bring you pleasure and joy each day. So many people care about you, Celeste.

Robin R.

Brant said...

You can't blame yourself for the mistakes of others, and as hard as it may be to do, you can't dwell on what is done. So many people are praying and hoping that your recovery will move forward. And even though it's slower than you would have hoped, you have to believe there's a light at the end of that tunnel, focus on it and keep pushing forward. You're a strong person, and I know you're giving it everything you have.

Anonymous said...

Celeste, please hang in there. I miss seeing you at the Wild Things games and am anxious to see you there again soon. Will say a prayer for you every night until you can return to work.
Ron Wilson